BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) (HONS) (CLICK HERE TO APPLY)
Bachelor of Computer Science program is developed purposely as the enhancement for the development and requirements of computing industry as well as other industries. It is important as the core or the fundamental for supporting application development and sound problem solving skills in various fields globally. The program also contributes for the innovation of the current computer technology and new products creation to be used and applied in potential industries.
Bachelor of Computer Science program (Software Engineering) (Hons) was established mainly to support the development and needs of the software development process from system specification level to the manageable system level after it has been utilized. This program produces graduates who can understand user requirements and develop software system. Other than that, this programmed also touches issues related with computer and human such as security, socio-economy and culture, personality development, responsibility and work ethics.
The program is intended to provide graduates with adequate mastery of knowledge (cognitive domain), skills (psychomotor domain) and attitude (affective and behavioral/ social domain) to become professional in the use of Information Technology emphasizing in computer science and industrial computing discipline.
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental knowledge of Computer Science
- Ability to acquire in depth technical competence in Computer Science discipline.
- Ability to adapt in social cultural, global and environmental responsibility of IT professionals and recognize the need for sustainable development.
- Ability to commit to professional, social, ethical and humanity responsibly.
- Ability to communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve computer science problems.
- ability to manage information through lifelong learning in meeting/facing global challenges.
- Ability to nurture entrepreneurship skills for career development.
PROGRAM CONTENTS (CLICK HERE FOR PROGRAM STRUCTURE)
The program contents are to review and revise from time to time in order to ensure the knowledge given to the students will be in line with current knowledge in industry. The core major courses are as listed in the following:
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Software Construction
- Software Design
- Software Testing
- Visual Basic
- Structure : Full-time and Part-time
- Credit hour : 123
- Tuition Fees : RM 26 850
- Duration : 3 years
- Location : UNISEL Bestari Jaya Campus
- Recognize Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0 AND credit in Mathematics at SPM level; Or;
- Pass Siji Pengajian Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with credit in Mathematics AND pass Sijil Tinggi Pengajian Malaysia (STPM) with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0; Or;
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5. Candidates with CGPA below of 2.5 but above 2.0 may be admitted course to a rigorous assessment process; Or;
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, AND credit in Mathematics at SPM level; Or;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with at least Jayyid (Good) Level AND Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent cinclusive of Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics
The graduate of Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering)(Hons) program can pursue career in any computer science and information technology related industry whether with government or private organization. The following are some of position that suits the graduates:
- Software Engineer
- System Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Software Technician/Support technician
- Software/Web Designer
- Software/System Tester
CONTACT AND INQUIRIES
Dr. Saliyah Kahar
Head of Program Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering) (Hons)
Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
Telephone : +0129264258 or +60332805121